Q. I like this guy, and I’m pretty sure that he likes me. He’s a year younger than me, and my friends don’t like him because he makes stupid jokes. He’s really fun, but I don’t know if I should like him or not! And if I do, should I make the first move or wait?
Well, your friends’ feelings aside, let’s ask some other questions to figure out if you “should” like him or not:
- Is dating someone at this point of your life wise? (If you’re not sure, check out the Jessie’s Thoughts on Dating post.)
- Does He love God more than anything else?
- Is he mature enough for a relationship?
- Does he care enough about you to do whatever it takes to pursue your beautiful heart? (Yes, that includes making the first move…and the second…and the rest!)
- Are you attracted to him physically and emotionally?
- Do your parents approve of a relationship with him?
If the answer to any of those five questions is no, then you’d do best to wait. Remember, sis, you deserve a guy who “fits” on every level, so don’t make the mistake of settling for less than that just to have the temporary pleasure and status of “having a boyfriend.” Stick to your guns and wait for God’s best. You won’t be disappointed!